CONNECT with us
Head of Early Year's Welcome

Head of Early Year's Welcome

It has been a pleasure to visit classroom environments which are, without exception, providing inviting and richly creative play/learning spaces alongside appropriate high quality resources which are clearly labelled and accessible by the students.

Kindergarten Gatehouse Inspection Report 2013

Head of Early Year's Welcome

Head of Early Year's Welcome

A very warm welcome to the Early Years.

Here at DBIS Early Years Foundation Stage we are committed to ensure that our children embark on their learning journey in an environment that provides stimulating and exciting opportunities.  Our school derives much strength from the surrounding active community and establishing and maintaining supportive relationships is the key to the EYFS DBIS ethos.  By working together we can ensure that all Early Years children continue to value and enjoy their time here, that they are sufficiently challenged and supported in their learning, and make excellent progress in a happy and caring environment.

We nurture creative, resilient and independent learners, who are excited and confident to take risks and explore through play.  Positive relationships with our extended families support our holistic approach to ensure the focus is placed upon developing the whole child. Children at DBIS EYFS are internationally minded, showing respect and responsibility for themselves, the community and the wider world. (DBIS EYFS Vision 2017)

After reading these pages you will gain a sense of how our warm and caring environment and its provision of stimulating play-based activities inspires our students to be curious, ask questions and develop an awe and wonder of the world. We value the importance of independence and creativity and critical thinking. Each child’s potential for personal enquiry is promoted through opportunities for successful and memorable learning.

Child-initiated opportunities are balanced with adult-led activities. The twenty students in each class benefit from the Teacher and Educational Assistant’s sensitive and responsive interactions, which support their unique needs, feelings and interests and create a sense of belonging.

Spacious classrooms and the integrated design of the outdoor learning environment, ensures that intellectual curiosity is stimulated through experiences that are responsive to individual interests and relevant to all of the children’s cultures and home communities. Playful teaching supports and challenges the students in risk taking and genuine personal enquiry. Fostering the pleasure of imaginative play and a love and enjoyment of learning, our Early Years provides the most wonderful start of your child’s learning journey at DBIS.  

Eleanor Loran
​Head of Early Years

We play, learn and grow together.  (Devised by EYFS Student Council 2017)