CONNECT with us
Students' Welcome

Students' Welcome

There is a palpable sense of each student enjoying quality relationships and challenging learning to meet their individual needs.

Teaching and Learning Gatehouse Inspection Report 2013

Students' Welcome

Students' Welcome

OUR SCHOOL OFFERS ONE OF THE BEST EDUCTIONS IN HONG KONG AND SOUTH EAST ASIA. FROM NURSERY, ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO A-LEVELS, THE TEACHING AT DBIS IS OUTSTANDING. THE TEACHERS ARE ALWAYS KIND AND FRIENDLY FURTHER EXEMPLIFYING DBIS'S FAMILY ENVIRONMENT AS YOU BECOME COMFORTABLE WITH EACH AND EVERY TEACHER. THE TEACHING HERE MAKES AN ENJOYABLE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT THAT IS VERY RARE TO FIND AROUND THE WORLD MAKING DBIS UNIQUE AND A GREAT FAMILY WE BOTH NEVER WANT TO LEAVE.

In DBIS we focus both in and outside the classroom. We excel in sporting events around Hong Kong as we take part in ISSFHK- the premier athletics championships for International schools and the HK Swim Championships. We also compete in sports abroad, with our participation in The Federation of British International Schools In Asia (FOBISIA) sports championships.

As a school, we collectively understand that each individual has their own specific needs, that is why we offer different creative arts to cater to all students. The school participates in the annual ISTA drama festival, which we hosted to great success in early 2017 whilst also hosting a drama production put on by our very own students which only gets better each and every year. As for music, we participate in the music FOBISIA annually providing students with a chance to explore different musical cultures from across South East Asia. In school, musical lessons are taught by externally hired professionals that offer a range of different instruments to study, which is why our musical department is so highly regarded.

Overall we, as Head Students, want to make a lasting impression on the school that further portrays DBIS’ core values and the family environment our school has. We can’t wait to see you around the school and please never hesitate to say hello!

Yours Sincerely Steven Keating (Head Boy) and Ailie Ikeda (Head Girl)

"DBIS is not just a school, it is a family to which we can all belong and prosper."

Head Boy and Head Girl, 2017 - 2018