Early Years News
Early Years News
Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you so much to the parents and carers who were able to attend the Nursery stay and play this morning. There was a real ‘buzz’ around the setting and it will be great to see these moments captured on your child’s ILD. Likewise the Reception parents who attended the 'Funky Fingers’ stay and play last half term, which again was hugely successful.
Remember you can also follow these events on twitter -
As you will have noticed we have now removed the large fixed play equipment from the Early Years playground. This is the first stage in the re design of this area. Later in the term, we will be working with a consultant to redesign the Early Years playground to ensure a more natural environment for the children to play, create and enquire. Our goal is to increasingly align the outdoor environment with the school’s philosophy for learning, particularly in the areas of enquiry, investigation, and the forest schools approach. We will asking for your thoughts too as the term goes on. Meanwhile this has allowed us far more space to create outdoor opportunities which are inline with current interests that the children have.
Please take note of some important dates and events coming up next half term:
- Nursery and Reception Leap Van visits the week beginning Monday 24th October and Monday 31st October
- Diwali Festival celebrations, Friday 28th October (children to dress up with bright colours or traditional costumes)
- Monday 31st October optional Halloween themed day
- Early Years student photos Thursday and Friday 4th and 5th November
- Internationalism week beginning Monday 28th November
- Nursery and Reception Parent Teacher Conferences week beginning Monday 28th November
- Carols on the Pitch the evening 8th December
- End of term Friday 9th December
More information on all the above dates will be sent out nearer the time, via the Parent Portal, twitter and the weekly newsletter.
Wishing you a safe and dry weekend to come.
Head of Early Years
Discovery Bay International School