CONNECT with us
Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

ASSESSMENT, RECORDING AND REPORTING ARE KEY ASPECTS OF STUDENT LEARNING AND ARE FUNDAMENTAL IN ENSURING OUR PARENTS HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR CHILDREN’S ATTAINMENT AND ACHIEVEMENT.

Great emphasis is placed on the value of both teacher and student assessment to ensure that students have an accurate understanding of their achievements and targets. Students complete formal assessments during Terms 1, 2 and 3 with the purpose of pre-assessing the students current level of understanding, and also to support and inform teacher judgement regarding progress and attainment.

Self reflection and assessment is a critical part of learning at DBIS, with students continually having the opportunity to reflect upon their own learning and discuss future targets with their peers and teachers. Our students are encouraged to be independent thinkers and learners, therefore, students are encouraged and supported in identifying areas of success, as well as deriving their own learning targets. Students will experience a range of methods for receiving feedback including verbal discussion with their teacher or their peers, written comments on their work with marking codes which are consistent and developmental throughout the Primary School, alongside recorded feedback given on Seesaw.

Assessment for learning is of paramount importance to our teachers, not only in terms of providing information about students’ current attainment levels, but also in ensuring future planning is tailored to meet the needs of each individual student.

Reporting and communicating with parents is highly regarded at DBIS to ensure parents are actively involved with their child’s learning. We have regular open mornings and Celebrations of Learning, where students share their learning journeys and celebrate their achievements with parents. We also hold formal parent teacher conferences at the start of the year and at the start of Term 2 so that parents can meet with their child’s class teacher to review their learning. A progress report is written at the end of terms 1 and 2, and a comprehensive, end of year report is shared with parents towards the end of Term 3. We also enjoy sharing children’s learning and thinking on an ongoing basis with parents through our use of Seesaw.

Whilst there are formal opportunities for parents to meet with parents throughout the year, DBIS operates an open door policy, where parents are encouraged to make an appointment to meet with their child’s class teacher to discuss any aspect of their academic, personal or social development.