CONNECT with us
Learning Technology

Learning Technology

ICT is flourishing at Discovery Bay International School under the various levels of ICT management

Naace ICT Mark report Feb 2013

Learning Technology

Learning Technology

AT DISCOVERY BAY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL STUDENTS DEVELOP CONFIDENCE, COMPETENCE AND EXTEND THEIR ABILITIES WITH THE USE OF LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN ALL CURRICULUM AREAS.

We aim to enable our students to understand and apply a range of Learning Technology and computing skills to effectively communicate, investigate and create in ways that help them make informed and sensible choices and benefit and extend their learning. 

Our specialist lessons are made up of progressive units of study which ensure students develop skills throughout the primary school which can be applied to other aspects of learning. Digital Citizenship is a key component of the Learning Technologies curriculum. We aim to ensure that our students are able to use technologies critically and safely, ensuring that they are confident users in a range of contexts with a clear understanding of the benefits and associated risks. At DBIS we actively incorporate computing, coding and programming skills into the school’s provision. The school’s curriculum has a clear progression of skills from the Early Years through to (I)GCSE and A Level Computer Science in the Secondary School. Students are able to develop their computing skills and understanding of programming languages, in all phases of the school, so they are prepared for (I)GCSE and A Level Computer Science and beyond.

Whilst Learning Technology is taught as a discrete subject by our specialist teachers, we aim to ensure that our students utilise their technology skills in order to enhance their learning in other subject areas. As a result, our specialist teachers work closely with the classroom teachers to ensure that students are able to explore and access their learning through a variety of technologies.

Naace ICT Mark report Feb 2013