CONNECT with us
Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Discovery Bay International School (DBIS) is a very special international community school.

Situated in the heart of the wonderful community of Discovery Bay, the students enjoy a distinctive learning journey that begins in Early Years progresses to Primary and culminates in the Secondary Section. The DBIS student experience is characterised by a highly personalised learning environment, small class sizes, creative approaches to teaching and learning, and a broad range of extracurricular activities. Currently there are over 1000 students at the school.

At the heart of the school's educational philosophy are the values of care, kindness, respect and compassion. Our talented teachers aim to ensure every student is known, supported and encouraged to reach their individual potential. We are a learning community committed to the constant pursuit of excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for all the students. We look to recruit teachers that share this philosophy and who are motivated to progress their career in this unique school. 

DBIS advertises teaching posts on this website, the TES (the Times Educational Supplement) and the SCMP (The South China Morning Post) throughout the year. Non teaching posts are usually advertised on this website and may be advertised in the local press.

SAFEGUARDING
Discovery Bay International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment.  In accordance with the recommendations of the International Task Force On Child Protection, all posts at the School are subject to rigorous and appropriate background checks.

Current Vacancies

Primary Class Teacher Maternity Cover (August 2018)

Primary Class Teacher
Maternity Leave Cover required for August 2018

We are seeking a temporary full-time Primary Class Teacher to provide maternity leave cover for Term 1 2018-2019.

Candidates must have a Degree in Education or postgraduate equivalent as well as two years recent class experience teaching in Primary.

A copy of the job description for a Primary Class Teacher can be found at this link.

Applications can be submitted online through the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING
Discovery Bay International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment.  In accordance with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, all posts at the school are subject to rigorous and appropriate background checks.

School Nurse / Health & First Aid Coordinator (Part-time - August 2018)

School Nurse Health & First Aid Coordinator (Part-time) required for August 2018

We are seeking to appoint a School Nurse to work part-time at the Primary and Secondary School campus. Successful candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and have a relevant medical nursing qualification. 

Previous experience of working in a school or with children would be an advantage.

A detailed job description can be found on our website HERE.

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING

Learning Technologies Educational Assistants (Part-time/Full-time - August 2018)

Learning Technologies Educational Assistants required for August 2018

We are seeking to appoint a full-time Learning Technologies Educational Assistant to work in the Primary School and a part-time Educational Assistant to assist the Early Years Learning Technologies teacher. Successful candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and computer literate. 

The Learning Technologies Educational Assistant will work closely with the Learning Technologies teaching teams and will be expected to have the ability to work effectively with individual students, small groups and whole classes under the direction of a qualified teacher. 

The Assistant will be required to look after the ICT equipment including the team’s iPads, Chromebooks and robotics in the department.  The Assistant will also undertake administrative duties as directed by the Learning Technology teachers.

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING

Secondary Laboratory Technician required (Part-time - August 2018)

Part-time Secondary Laboratory Technician required for August 2018

We are seeking to appoint a part-time Laboratory Technician to work in the Secondary School. Successful candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and computer literate. 

Previous experience of working in a laboratory would be advantageous.

The Secondary Laboratory Technician will work closely with the Science teaching team to ensure that high standards of safety and organisation are maintained in the department.  The technician will be expected to carry out basic maintenance of laboratory equipment and general administration tasks as required.

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING

Educational Assistant Positions

Educational Assistant Positions

We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and committed educational assistants who are able to build and maintain successful relationships with students, and are concerned for their development as learners. Successful candidates must be fluent in English and have the ability to work effectively with individual students, small groups and whole classes under the direction of a qualified teacher.

To submit an application, please complete the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

Download PDF version

SAFEGUARDING

Supply Teachers for Early Years, Primary and Secondary

Supply Teachers

We are seeking experienced and dynamic Supply Teachers for our Early Years, Primary and Secondary Schools.

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

Download PDF Version

SAFEGUARDING

Application Procedure

To submit an application for employment at DBIS, please complete the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING