CONNECT with us
Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Working at DBIS

Discovery Bay International School (DBIS) is a very special international community school.

Situated in the heart of the wonderful community of Discovery Bay, the students enjoy a distinctive learning journey that begins in Early Years progresses to Primary and culminates in the Secondary Section. The DBIS student experience is characterised by a highly personalised learning environment, small class sizes, creative approaches to teaching and learning, and a broad range of extracurricular activities. Currently there are nearly 1200 students at the school.

At the heart of the school's educational philosophy are the values of care, kindness, respect and compassion. Our talented teachers aim to ensure every student is known, supported and encouraged to reach their individual potential. We are a learning community committed to the constant pursuit of excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for all the students. We look to recruit teachers that share this philosophy and who are motivated to progress their career in this unique school. 

DBIS advertises teaching posts on this website, the TES (the Times Educational Supplement) and the SCMP (The South China Morning Post) throughout the year. Non teaching posts are usually advertised on this website and may be advertised in the local press.

SAFEGUARDING
Discovery Bay International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment.  In accordance with the recommendations of the International Task Force On Child Protection, all posts at the School are subject to rigorous and appropriate background checks.

Current Vacancies

Teaching Positions for August 2019

Teaching Opportunities at Discovery Bay International School

Establishing and maintaining strong, caring, respectful and supportive personal relationships is key to the DBIS ethos. Our approach allows DBIS’ outstanding teachers to work in tandem with supportive and aspirational parents in focusing upon the individual. It also allows students to concentrate on the challenging task of learning, growing and developing as individuals.

Our students enjoy a broad international curriculum with British characteristics and a distinctive learning journey that begins in Early Years (age 3-5), progresses to the Primary School (age 6-11) and culminates in the Secondary School (age 12-18). Our rapidly growing school has nearly 1200 students and 200 staff situated on three very well resourced campuses.

Positions available for 2019-2020

Early Years Class Teacher
Primary Class Teacher
Secondary English Teacher
Secondary Mathematics Teacher
Early Years Learning Technologies Teacher – Part-time

Contract
Successful candidates will receive a competitive compensation package; posts include cash, housing and professional development allowances, a gratuity of 18.75%, full remuneration of school fees for one child per family, and medical and dental insurance for the employee.

Closing date for applications:  10 December 2018

Interviews will be conducted in Hong Kong, London and via Skype.

Applicants are encouraged to apply early as the school will interview and appoint suitably qualified candidates throughout the recruitment period.

To submit an application, please complete the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING
Discovery Bay International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment.  In accordance with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, all posts at the school are subject to rigorous and appropriate background checks.

Secondary Laboratory Technician required (Part-time - August 2018)

Part-time Secondary Laboratory Technician required for August 2018

We are seeking to appoint a part-time Laboratory Technician to work in the Secondary School. Successful candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and computer literate. 

Previous experience of working in a laboratory would be advantageous.

The Secondary Laboratory Technician will work closely with the Science teaching team to ensure that high standards of safety and organisation are maintained in the department.  The technician will be expected to carry out basic maintenance of laboratory equipment and general administration tasks as required.

Applications can be submitted online through the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING

IT Data Assistant

Data Assistant                            

Discovery Bay International School is seeking to appoint a Data Assistant to work in our IT department.

Responsibilities:

• Assist with the creation and maintenance of accounts and logins for external student learning systems used by the school (e.g. MyiMaths, Mathletics, Seesaw);
  • Create and maintain the school’s online forms (through Jotform) and manage the data and Google Spreadsheets associated with them;
  • Set-up schedules for Parent Teacher Conferences through the school’s online platform.
  • Support office staff in the set-up of the school’s Room Booking system;
  • Set-up and coordinate student assessments through various external systems such as CEM and GL Assessments;
  • Create and maintain iSAMS data under the direction of the Data Administrator;
  • Assist with the maintenance of departmental documentation.
  • Undertake ad hoc duties as required by management.

Requirements

• School diploma or above;
  • Proficiency in MS Office, in particular, Excel;
  • Experience in Google Apps for Education or Business an advantage;
  • Ability to work independently and accurately;
  • Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure;
  • Excellent command of both written and spoken English.

We offer a 5-day working week from 8am to 4pm, Public Holidays, a transportation pass and medical and dental benefits. 

Applications can be submitted online through the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

SAFEGUARDING

Educational Assistant Positions

Educational Assistant Positions

We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and committed educational assistants who are able to build and maintain successful relationships with students, and are concerned for their development as learners. Successful candidates must be fluent in English and have the ability to work effectively with individual students, small groups and whole classes under the direction of a qualified teacher.

To submit an application, please complete the DBIS Application for Employment form:

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

Download PDF version

SAFEGUARDING

Supply Teachers for Early Years, Primary and Secondary

Supply Teachers

We are seeking experienced and dynamic Supply Teachers for our Early Years, Primary and Secondary Schools.

dbis.hk/2wzmpMK

Download PDF Version

SAFEGUARDING

Application Procedure

To submit an application for employment at DBIS, please complete one of the following forms:

For Teaching Position, please complete the DBIS Teacher Application for Employment form.

​For Education Assistant, please complete the DBIS EA Application for Employment form.

​For General Admin and Support Staff, please complete the DBIS General Application for Employment form. 

SAFEGUARDING